Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sad reality...but awesome vacation

We had a wonderful vacation. It was long and we were ready for our bed, but it was totally worth it and great memories were made. The saddest thing of coming home was I've realized that the cleaning fairies did not follow me home. It was great on the trip because when we left our room and came back later, the floor was clean, beds were made, new fresh towels were folded/hanging, and I didn't have to do any of it. Even Ally said the first day "wow Mom, the cleaning fairies came" Oh well, sad reality of life. Guess I better get moving.

Here are some pics of our favorite places. I'll post some highlights over the next few days (mainly for me and probably not of much interest to many others).
Disneyland was so much fun. It is definitely a great place with kids. It was decorated really cute for Halloween.

We couldn't go without visiting Mickey. Avery was very nervous about all the characters.

The Redwoods were amazing. I've never seen trees so huge. It was unreal.

These guys were massive.

It was a tight fit, but we drove through the tree.

Somewhere on the Oregon coast. If you have never visited the Oregon coast, you seriously need to. It is so pretty.

Avery loved the ocean and sand.

This was our favorite hotel. We were right on the beach. I wanted to just sleep with the door open, but it was a bit chilly. It was so fun though.

Avery petting a starfish at the Aquarium in Newport, OR

The view from a lighthouse. All of the lighthouses were so neat.

The Tillamook Cheese Factory. This was so much fun. Seri0usly, if you are ever in Tillamook you need to go there. Yummy cheese, yummy ice cream, and yummy fudge. (I think the diet kind of went out the window on this trip).

All in all, an awesome trip. The girls did great (with a lot of Barney), and it was fun to just be together as a family (even if the cleaning fairies didn't follow me home).

11 comments:

Katie said...

How fun! It makes me want to go on vacation again! Ours has been post-poned from next Spring to next Fall for obvious reasons.

Sorry about the cleaning fairies. I hate doing all the laundry after vacation too!

Oh, and there's no such thing as a diet while you're on vacation! :-)

Jana Banana said...

How fun is that! What an exciting trip! You look awesome in all of those pictures....and I agree with Katie, if you are on vacation you need to enjoy yourself!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! It looks like the trip was great for you guys. That driving thru the tree thing looked kind of scary. That was quite the tight fit!! It's good to have you guys back!

Gary and Renee said...

Oh wow, I love the pictures. How relaxing. Tell Avery the characters scare me too!

Chelsea said...

Wow! I never knew the oregon coast was so beautiful! Sounds like you guys had a blast! I can't wait to take Lachlan to disneyland and up the coast to see the redwoods someday too. See you guys this weekend!!!

Julie said...

Looks like you guys had fun and did alot. I loved playing with the girls in Disneyland. I still don't think my shoes have dried out all the way but thats ok it was still fun.

Holt's in da House said...

Fun stuff - welcome back and sorry about the cleaning fairies - we could all use days when the mints magically showed up on the clean pillows, eh?

Brittany said...

What a blast! I love the ocean pictures...and what a fun hotel to be right on the beach! I am glad you had so much fun, every family deserves a vacation like that!

Lisa said...

These pictures are amazing! I love them all. I'm so happy that you "braved" this trip and made some great memories. Thanks for sharing...

Steve & Becky said...

Looks like you guys had a fun vacation! I can't wait to take the girls to Disneyland I bet that was fun.

Kirk and Jill Smith - said...

Cute pics!! Looks like you guys had a good time. I can't believe you were so close and didn't even tell me you were coming. You were like 2-3 hours away. I'dve driven down to see you. (Not that you wanted a friend interrupting your family vacation! :o) Hope you had a great time. Can't wait to see more pics!