Sunday, March 15, 2009

My version of the spa

About a year ago I went and had a very expensive, crappy pedicure. I came home and declared that I don't need to spend money on that crap and I can do them just as good myself. Well, the wrong ears (Aaron) were listening and he held me to it. Until yesterday.... I begged, bargained, guilted and posted on Facebook that I needed a pedicure. Aaron finally gave in. I did however turn it around and made it seem like it was all his idea and I deserved it (it's my way of not feeling so dang selfish). I was not going to spend the big money however, I was going to my local Vietnamese owned nail salon where there is probably every fungus floating around. I didn't care, they were the cheapest and do an okay job. Nevermind the fact that I can't understand a single word besides "pick color" and "put feet here". I'm okay with that. I didn't want to talk anyways because the next best thing to the cheapness is the great trashy magazines at every chair. Nothing says relaxing than having someone else rub my feet and paint my toenails while I catch up on my Glamour, Allure and Cosmo. Ahh, zen, right there!

6 comments:

Katie said...

I've never had a pedicure, but that's probably because I hate feet and don't want to show them. My toenails have been painted twice in my life, both times by Kenadie!

Kirk and Jill Smith - said...

Oh my goodness, you're so great to only get them that often! I used to go every month... I know.... spoiled! Then I had to give them up for my van. Darn it!! I'm soooo jealous! Hope you had a great time. :o) And YES you
DESERVE IT!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad for you that you got a chance to be pampered! Your feet look great!

Michele said...

im with you, i need one bad, i just always wait until i need one bad enough to not be freaked out about how many diseases are in those tubs at the cheap places. good idea - make it all johns idea...

Breinholt Family said...

Glad you're back Linds! I've missed you!

Breinholt Family said...

P.S. I love a good pedicure! My Visiting Teaching Partner does nails and she gives the BEST pedicures for $25.00! Includes hot wax or hot rock treatment! I still only do it about 3-4 times a year. More in the summer time than now when it's so cold!