Thursday, July 31, 2008
Motherhood is not glamorous
Tonight the girls and I went to Smith's Marketplace to get our gift card deal since today is the last day. Well while we were there, I decided to pick up couple of things and browse the clearance racks. While we are in the middle of our browsing Ally exclaims that she needs to go to the bathroom "right now", so we rush off to find a potty. It is always a pain to take kids to the potty while you have another one in the shopping cart. So I propped the door open with one hand and kept my hand on the cart with the other and told Ally to run in. When she gets in a stall she says "oops, I already went a little" I'm thinking it is just a little wet, NOPE!!! It was horrible, lets say disgusting #3 EVERYWHERE, even on her flip flops. Let me just pause to say that I can count on one hand the number of times that she has had an accident and maybe poop one or two times. So this was a totally shock to me. Well, I said screw it and brought in the shopping cart with Avery in it, and took off Ally's panties, shorts, shoes and took them to the sink and wash them, then got a towel and mopped up the floor. Well she was practically naked by this point so being the MacGyver mom that I am, I whipped off my Spanx, put them on her, plopped her in the cart and went off to buy some new panties and finish my shopping. It was horrible, but I'm proud to say I didn't freak out at all. Oh the joys of motherhood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I LOVE my Spanx! And MacGyver too! LOL!!
Sorry you had to deal with that in the store bathroom, but you are very resourceful!
Oh no....you are awesome Lindsey! I probably would have given up and left everything there!
Good work mom!! Don't you love those moments..... Don't worry we all have them. Way to keep your cool.
That is great! I totally feel for you... but thanks for sharing... hilarious! Hey are you available sometime next week to get together?
Wow Linds that beats all the times I've wiped my kids noses with my fingers and wiped it on my pants because no tissue in sight! WAY TO GO! I'm so proud of you! HA HA!
I love it! Thank goodness for spanx, I better get some -
Linds! You handled it great. Now I know to call you when I have kids and something crazy happens!
Sorry you had to deal with that. It's good you can laugh about it now. Aren't kids and their "little" accidents wonderful!
Just a question here - who wears Spanx on a Thursday? I thought they were for Sunday's and anniversary's only - you know, just to look hot. Anyhoo, I have learned over my lifetime and "shat" experiences that you should always carry a spare undie around!
xooxo,
Aunt Laurie
I think I've read this post about five times and every time I read it I laugh so hard! I'm sure it sucked. Sucked bad. But what a great story! :)
Post a Comment