Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Music Retard

As I was cleaning (ugh!) tonight and listening to my Ipod, I got thinking about my music choices. I have never, ever been any sort of music buff, in fact I'm a music retard. I have always just followed what people told me was good. Like how when I thought I liked AC/DC because the boys at my old work told me that they were the greatest. (For the record I'm not a fan of AC/DC). I am also not fiercely devoted to any particular artist/group (well except for one). And, I hardly even listen to the words. If the tune is catchy, then I like it. Aaron really makes fun of me for this. I also cycle through favorites really fast. If I really like a song, I'll play the crap out of it (gotta love the repeat button) and then I get sick of it.

So here are my some of my favorites right now:
  • Ten Dead Dogs - Wild Sweet Orange (or anything from them right now. I saw them on Letterman the other night and had to keep rewinding it, I loved them)
  • Viva La Vida - Coldplay (more on them later)
  • Mercy - Duffy (that girl can belt it out)
  • Sweet and Low - Augustana
  • World on Fire - Sara McLachlan
  • La Bamba - from August Rush soundtrack
  • August's Rhapsody - also from August Rush (great movie, I loved it)
  • No Air - Jordan Sparks and Chris Brown
  • 4 Minutes - Madonna and Justin (I have always secretly liked Madonna)
  • Apologize - One Republic featuring Timbaland

so for my bands that I really like:

  • Coldplay (I had a moment with them a few years back around Christmas time when they were on Austin City Limits. Ever since then I have been hooked! They are my one band that I am fiercely loyal too)
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers (seriously, who doesn't like them?)
  • currently Wild Sweet Orange (again with the moment when they were on Letterman. Loved it!)

also, for the record these are some artists I like but they only sound good in Lake Powell

  • Dido
  • Bob Marley

Oh, and for the kids, I like Laurie Berkner. If I have to listen to any of those lame songs, I can really only stand to listen to her.

So there you have it. I'm a totally music retard.

3 comments:

Dionne said...

a) you are so funny!
b) you are cool to have an ipod!
c) I love Madonna! Have you seen her in Evita? Wow, she can act, too.
d) August Rush IS awesome! That is secretly why I let Ky get a guitar!

The Pyper's! said...

love coldplay. love viva la vida. love bob marley. love the chili peppers! If you are a music retard with those than I guess I am too!!

Rebekah said...

I'm going to look up those songs right now. :) PS - AC/DC does indeed Rock! I'm sorry, but they do.