Saturday, September 22, 2007

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

The Good....

Ally, Avery and me are okay and not hurt.


The Bad....

Me and my girls were in an accident last Monday on the way home from preschool. I decided that I really wanted a coke from McDonalds (you know thier only 69 cents). Well after getting my coke we went down 9400 South and at 300 East the light just turned yellow as I was entering the intersection. A teenager coming home from high school was turning left and thought that he could beat me. Well he slammed right into me and then pushed me into another car. It was the scariest thing that has ever happened to me. I'm so grateful that my kids and I are okay. There was a very nice lady who witnessed the accident and came right over to me and helped me get my kids out of the car and then she held Avery the whole entire time while I filled out a report, and talked to the cop. The kid was cited and was at fault, but he tried telling his insurance company that I ran a red light. After his insurance company investigated it they let me know that he was at fault and that they would pay all of my claims. Thankfully.


The Ugly....

Aaron took these pics with his camera phone when he came to rescue me. Oh, funny story about the rescuing...I called Aaron to come and get me but I thought he would be a long time coming from Bountiful so I called my mom to come and help me with my kids since she was closer. Well Aaron beat my mom there. Apparently after I called her she was too shaken up to get on the freeway so she just came the side roads which took longer. Anyways, here are the pics.



So, this is the damage done. I don't know yet if they are going call it a total loss or not yet. I have a strong feeling that they might because I called the body shop and the estimate is at $7,028. They are just waiting to hear from the insurance company on what they want to do. We are really bummed because 1) I really loved this car and 2) we just paid it off and I really DO NOT want a car payment. With me going part time, it's just not something we can afford.

So, in the meantime, I'm driving a rental car and just hoping that they will fix my car.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Umm... what in the crap? I'm so glad that you're ok. That is freaky! And I heart the new blog dedicated just to the Boynksters! YAY.

ZKLP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ZKLP said...

oh my gosh linds!! that is so scary, especially with your kids in the car! i'm so happy you all are ok (except for the honda)

The Pyper's! said...

Ok that is the scariest thing ever!! Your poor car!! Were the girls crying at all or did they even know what was happening??

Megs said...

ok do you guys realize that is 3 car accidents in our family this month!!

first Kim then Mel now Linds!!

we need to be a bit more careful!

I'm glad everyone is ok Lindsey.