According to a 4 year old, this is all you need to survive.Ally had a bit of a meltdown today when grandma, Corie and Julie came up to take her to lunch and she meant to say she wanted to go to Arctic Circle, but instead she said Arby's. (How is a 4 year old supposed to keep her "A" named fast food restaurants straight). Well, they came home without any lunch because she was screaming so bad. So, me trying to be the big disciplinarian, sent her to a room with a very stern talkin-to. She came out very sadly a few minutes later with these items and said that she was going away, she didn't want to live here anymore. Aaron being the great dad he is, didn't want her running away on an empty stomach so he packed her a sandwich. Well, this is as far as she made it:
(our front porch) "Hmmm, maybe I'll fish for something here"
And when I tried to welcome her back (really I just wanted a picture) I got a swat in the face with the fishing pole. Crap, she knew what I was really after.
.jpg)
"Ally, please don't go, we will miss you."
And really what 4 year old would want to leave this:
And just so you know, we didn't leave her out on the porch, she came in within 2 minutes. And I have to tell the truth, I got a little teary eyed, when she wanted to leave. How am I ever going to survive the first day of kindergarten.
.jpg)
7 comments:
What a big girl. That was nice of you guys to make her a lunch to take on her roadie. If that were my house I would have been getting beat up by a 2 year old and yelled at by him at the same time. He spares us the tears in exchange for parental abuse. I don't know what's worse. Great story by the way.
Ahh, Aaron made a sandwich? Too funny! I love this story!
Aww, my little Ally! You'll have lots of "firsts" this year...you two better be prepared. I love her survival choices, too. I'd rather have a book than a sandwich any day!
Love you guys.
(PS..Ally, you can run away to Grammy's next time, okay?)
OK I so remember the first time I packed up to leave and was running away.... I was really young like Ally and my mom was making me practice the piano and I'd had it so I packed my stuff and gave my dad and siblings some of my prized posessions (probably barbies and toys, Iknw just what my Dad was looking for)and walked out the front door. I don't remember what happened after that but I guess I couldn't stay away for long! Poor Ally, I hope she (and you) makes it through her teenage years!
This is so dang cute! I would have loved to be there to see her. What a cutie! Ah, the memories of being so mad that I packed some things up and got as far as the end of the lawn...sat down, and eventually got bored and returned home!
I think its coming time to post something new. Maybe you could post that picture dad won't stop talking about.
I think we all have a running away from home story! I love your blog! Thanks for sharing it with us! Do you care if I put a link to it from my blog?
Post a Comment