- The birth of our darling daughter Avery on August 9 (of course)
- My sister Kim gestating her own little baby (is gestating a word?)
- Ally finally learning her letters (seriously I thought we were doomed to just princesses and dancing and that she would never be interested in learning and then just all of the sudden she got it and now loves the alphabet)
- Me plucking my own eyebrows (good-bye $15 waxes. I can finally do it YEAH!!!) - Seriously, this is a huge accomplishment. I have NEVER in my life been able to pluck my own eyebrows but in a effort to save money I braved up and you know what, it's not that bad.
- Me learning to paint my own toenails (Also in a effort to save more money, but I will never say good-bye to $30 pedicures. They are just too great. It just won't be that often)
- Getting caught up on my laundry (okay, I must be honest here I really was only caught up on my laundry for one week in May, but oh was that week glorious. I should really try that again)
- I quit my job (we've all heard enough of that)
- Starting finishing our basement (Maybe I'll be able to say next year that it was finished. One can only hope)
- When we installed our own fence (I say "we" very loosely. I think I was in charge of water and supervising although all of my supervising decisions were vetoed by Aaron. My dad, brother, our neighbor Ike and mostly Aaron were the main ones working on this project) -I love my neighbors dearly, but I REALLY love my fence.
- Learning to make my mom's rolls (Although, they will never be as good as hers. I swear she is leaving something secret out of the recipe)
- And finally, just great days with my awesome family.
So, here's to 2008. Maybe I can get it together this year. (Seriously, who am I kidding. I think scatterbraininess is just part of who I am. It is never cureable. I will try though, I will try)
4 comments:
Linds, you make me laugh! I love that you were caught up on your laundry for ONE week in MAY! Heeheee! I love ya even if you aren't a sorta clean freak like me.
I think my laundry was caught up about 10 years ago for one day! HA HA! It was so great to see your darling home. You are a great wife & mom! I love ya,
Mary
Linds, You need to write more often! You are a funny girl! Seriously, I think you made some great strides this year and I happen to LOVE your rolls. So, keep up the good work, sweetie! Just being a great mom and wife is a HUGE, MAJOR accomplishment.
Congratulations on being witty and clever..I was giggling the whole time. Including when Aly ran away. You should enjoy reading your own blog this time.
Post a Comment