one sleepy, VERY looney girl.This all started a couple of months ago when Ally said that her front tooth was loose, I knew this was not a very good sign although she was very happy because someone told her that you loose your teeth when you go to Kindergarten. This girl is all about anything that has to do with Kindergarten and being a big girl! Now, she is the very youngest for her class and she was a very late getting her teeth so I knew the loose tooth was a bad sign. I had trouble finding a good pediatric dentist (our general dentist was a very bad experience for her a couple of years ago) and after one children's dentist who just made me mad, I finally landed in the office of Dr. Taylor. She was a godsend. We decided that with all of this work, sedation would probably be the best thing and just get it all done at once. So, today was the day. I was SO nervous, but Ally was a champ. She is really excited that she has two crowns. That definitely makes her a princess if her teeth wear crowns, right? She was so funny coming out of the anesthesia. She was saying the funniest things like "my eyes won't buckle", "my hand is not doing what I want it to do" (she was trying to eat pears) and "my head is just really wiggly". She was really excited this evening when she could finally "balance" her head. I'm just so glad that she was able to get this all done and we are changing our ways for teeth care in this house. Brushing and flossing every night from now on. Hopefully we can get into a habit of this so we don't screw up the real teeth like we did the practice ones.
Avery went to her Grammy's house while Ally and I went to the Dentist. My mother-in-law and I were talking and figured that Avery had never been to her house without Ally. She was a little unsure about it at first. I think that she missed her since this is what she did when she got home.
.jpg)
Goodness, I love those girls.
10 comments:
Poor Ally...I hope her summer looks up from here :0)
Man that dose not sound like fun. I hope Ally is feeling better tomorrow. Let me know if there is anything I can help you out with. I will for sure brush my teeth more often and my kids too. :)
Poor Ally! Atleast she was able to be sedated. We love Dr. Taylor too! Kenadie had to have 2 fillings and crowns on her teeth about 18 months ago and the staff was awesome! I had never been to a pediatric dentist before and it was fun to see all the neat things they do for kids!
Oh...they are too cute together.
I am glad that you finally found a good pediatric dentist! And that you had a good experience! I know it can be so hard when its your kids undergoing sedation. I am glad that you both made it through! :)
Oh, that is rough! I'm glad she handled it so well. That picture with both of the girls is darling!
Woah! Does this kid have butterscotch candies for dinner? Dang! Aidan's doctor said it's a good idea for him to go to the dentist before he turns 2. I thought that was silly, but now I'm re-thinking it, 'cause I've never been great with my teeth, but maybe I can change my habits for the health of my kid. (and my wallet!) That's so cute though that Avery loves her big sis so much!
Poor girl! That doesn't sound like any sort of fun! I'm so glad that it went ok and that she's feeling alittle better. I'm glad you found a great dentist, that makes all the difference! That is just the cutest picture of her and Avery on the couch!
Ike called me from work and asked if I read this and told me to go brush Luke's teeth then and there! I have such a hard time remembering to brush his teeth, and I am so nervous to take him to the dentist! I will have to try Dr. Taylor, so thanks for sharing! Hope she feels better!
Oh, how sad! I hope Ally gets feeling better!
What a big brave girl Ally was! I'm proud of her. And Avery was a jewel at my house that morning, though I know she was wondering where her big sister was the whole time. They are the cutest! I love them both so much.
Post a Comment